Friday 3 September 2010

ADELAIDE IN A DAY

Uneventful first day out, driving the 800klms from Melbourne to Adelaide,if my Adelaide friend is right about the speed cameras, I may get one or more speeding ticket as I was unaware of being clocked on the final 200klms or so.Perhaps I will be on a fugitive run into the west.The countryside on the way across was fairly green in Victoria but dried out markedly in South Australia.Adelaide looked lovely-sunny and mild and about to go en-fete with the opening of their world famous arts festival.

Have had a delightfully luxurious night compared with where I am headed. Geoff is a leading business educator at Melbourne Business school and the Darden school in Virginia,USA.I have known him professionally for 20 years , he contributes to my Onesteel program and we have consulted to a number of organisations together and have become good, lasting friends.He and Mardi have a gorgeous federation house verging on to the grounds of St Peter's college.We dined at a very good Yakatori restaurant accompanied by their son who works at Dan Murphy's, when not studying Mandarin, and his visiting American girl friend.

No comments: