Friday 3 September 2010

ALBANY TO MARGARET RIVER

I left early and on the way to town sprang two kangaroos which crossed the road, in line astern, some 30 metres ahead of me-so no collision.
I was beginning to feel road weary now and wanting to get the driving done with. Pete and Srey had dcided not to join me at Parry's beach and it was my intention to settle at Pemberton for a couple of nights.
But then the weather took a hand-it became much cooler and began to rain with a will. It held off sufficiently for me to traverse the tree top walk way in the valley of the Giants.Good, but not as impressive as its Tasmanian rival.

A GIANT INDEED

HOW ARE THE MIGHTY FALLEN
Then it really began to rain. Pemberton was misty, wet and cool-no place to throw down a swag. Fortunately I had been before and climbed the look out tree and all that and so I set off for Nannup, where Rae's family vineyard is and managed to visit the winery that bottles their wine and chat with the English owner whilst sampling his wares.Nannup looked quaint and could have been fun but it was very quiet and all the cafes were closed.It was not yet primed for the weekend visitors.
Margaret river on the other hand was crowded and brash and but for the late hour I could have preferred a better overnight stop. But at least the weather had improved offering late sunshine and a sunset.

No comments: