Friday 3 September 2010

HEADING NORTH AGAIN


UNIVERSITY OF WA
Those who know me well, especially my friend Sandra who is a champion list maker and inveterate pre-planner, who despairs of my in-my-head planning, as I am about to go out the door to somewhere ordinary like Siberia! would be amazed to see that I had actually got round to mapping out a schedule for the next stage of my songlines road trip( after I have returned from Melbourne on 21 April)up the WA Coral Coast to Broome.But don't get too carried away, it is only tentative and may vary considerably when I get going.

BAR AND CAFE-CABLE BEACH RESORT BROOME
The reason for floating this in advance is that, whilst I had taken some local advice on places I must go and things I must see and do, I would appreciate any additional suggestions from my readers.There is a facility for commenting on the blog or if you are shy send a direct email.Thanks.

CAMEL TRAIN ON CABLE BEACH-BROOME

SUNSET IN BROOME


On the Songlines Road (Via Coral Coast to Broome)

Day 1. (Perth-Geraldton)

1) 115k New Norcia.
• Spanish Benedictine mission 1846

(2) 196k Nambung( National Park.)
• The Pinnacles

(3)188k Dongara.
• Pleasant little port town

(4) 73k Geraldton -Total 572k.
• Fresh lobster.
• Maritime museum.
• St Francis Xavier cathedral.
• Art Gallery.
• Waverley Heights look out.

Day 2. (Geraldton-Denham)

(5) 73k Kalbari.
• National Park. (Gorges) Loop, Z bend,
• Hawk’s head, Ross graham, Lookouts
• Cliff faces. Red Bluff, Rainbow valley,
• Pot alley, Eagle Gorge, Natural Bridge.

(6) 373k Denham-Total 446k
• Monkey Mia

Day 4 (Denham-Coral bay)

(7) 324k Carnarvon.
• Fruit(bananas)
• HMAS Sydney memorial

(8)155k Coral Bay-Total 479k
• Ningaloo Reef

Day 5. (Coral Bay-Tom Price)

(9) 623kTom Price- Total 623
• Mine Tour
• Karinjini national park-Dales/Knox/Hamersley Gorges

Day 7 (Tom Price-Broome)

(10) 260k Port Hedland.

(11) 567k Broome-Total 827

Perth-Broome-Total 2947

No comments: